A list of attributes for a President: ( Pick a few from the list not all are mandatory.)
These are in addition to the Constitutional prerequisites.
- An understanding of US and World History.
- The ability to speak effectively to a large audience.
- A professional appearance.
- The practical age range of 40-50 years.
- Strong ability to write effectively.
- Great listening skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, retain the detail, and correlate the learning into a plan of action to be written out or explained.
- Empathy for all others.
- Love of the US, it's Constitution and it's Rule of Law.
- Previous committed service, in some form, to the country.
- A world view that is synonymous with the majority of the American people.
- Steadiness in time of great disturbance.
- Steadfastness when he or she believes in their own correctness.
- More personal focus on what is good for America than what is good for his or her career.
- A tendency to say the truth, as she or he sees it, to take actions that are fair to the American people, and a temperament of control when faced with opposition.
- “If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue. Or walk with kings –- nor lose the common touch.” Rudyard Kipling